September 8, 2019
The meeting of the Grand Lake Recreation Club was held at the Eagles. Vice President, Jason Plattner, brought the meeting to order and read the August minutes. Treasurer, Tom Scheib, read the Treasurer’s report; current balance of ~$6,443.87. Approximately 24 members present.
The next meeting will be Sunday, October 13, 2019 ; 2:00 pm at Shingleshack. Final Ditch clean-up for the year at noon Sportsman’s Club.
- Dave Faler gave lake level at 1/4 inch above the notch and rain level so far this year 44.55 inches. West beach project going well; goal is to have the signs down and beach open by Memorial day 2020 as the results coming back thus far are all good. There is a new system going in testing the micro-organisms every 30 minutes giving more data to support what is going on. Fish & Wildlife needing 10 boats (they have most of these) asking us to bring log dog along with a few extra hands to help put in crappie stake beds around the lake
- Poker Run June 13, 2020
- Dues for 2019: Members are at 153 with only 98 Paid; Businesses are at 21 with 14 Paid.
- Justin Arnold from the American Legion was present and asked if we would be interested in taking over the concession stand during Thursday night Bingo. This is 50 weeks. Set up at 3pm and out around 9pm. Takes about two people. Responsible for purchasing all stuff needed and GLRC would keep all proceeds. Net profit around $150-$200 a week.
- September 28th is the Marathon There will be a water stop at Brad Fisher’s house. Anyone who wants to help pass out water, gatorade and fruit please be there around 8:00am.
- Music at the beach for 2020- we have let those asking that we will have boat available for use again next year. Bands can get with Jason Plattner, Brad Fisher, or Ryan Beatty to make sure boat available. Plan is 1 band a month from Memorial Day to Labor Day alternating between Sat/Sun and from 2pm-4pm.
- Club drawing was for $50.00; Wade Bunn name drawn (paid/not present). Next drawing for $60.00.
- Please send any questions/concerns to our email. Also send any pictures you may have and we can have them added to website.
SEE EVERYONE AT THE BEACH!!
2019 Dues are now due ($20.00 per family for the year)
(Thank You if you have paid your dues)
Respectfully submitted by Renee Welch, Secretary.